Saturday, May 2, 2015

Modern Farmer review


Modern Farmer is one of the funniest dramas I've ever watched. It gets a little serious for a few episodes and lose some of its funniness but not completely. The show is based on a Min Ki getting inheriting land and bribing his former band mates of the idea of growing cabbage to make an album. It's Min Ki's dream to make an album and after getting all this land he thinks why not sell it. He wouldn't get that much from selling it so He decided to grow cabbage instead. He thought it would be a quick buck and farming would be easy. He gathered all his band mates and off they went to start farming. The minute they  step foot in that farming town the comedy starts.
When I watched this show I swear there were times when my eyes started watering. I would be laughing so hard and it was mostly because of Min Ki. Hong Ki did a really good job of playing the character that is Min Ki. If anyone else played him it wouldn't be as funny. I normally watch romance type dramas with a lot of drama so this was a nice break. It was nice to be able to watch a show with less drama. It still had drama but not as much as the shows I normally watch. I was watching Boarding House No.24 as I was watching this show. they were both airing at the same time just on different days. Comedy wise Modern Farmer was a lot better. Boarding House was still funny. So if you liked Modern Farmer or plan on watching it you should also check out Boarding House. Ken from VIXX is in it! Going back to Modern Farmer. In this show you get to see all the fails that Min Ki and the bad go through trying to farm cabbage. Their fails are pretty awesome. They have to have help form everyone in the town. They know nothing about farming.
The town that this show is based in is Min Kis childhood home. He lived there for a while than he moved away to Seoul where he became a singer. What I loved the most was the last episode. In the end they raised enough money to make an album that bombed really badly. So in the last episode they go back to the very beginning. Min Ki gathers everyone once again to make an album. So in the end they learned nothing. This show is full of idiot characters that some how manage to make it through life. I am going to re-watch this show sometime in the near future. It might be a while because I want to focus on anime for a while. I've been watching to many dramas lately. I'm going to warp it up here cause I'm tired. BTW the main song for this show When love comes is an amazing song. I liked it some much that when ever it would play I would sing along to it. If you want a light show to watch with some good comedy you should check out this show. I can guaranty that you won't be disappointed at all.  

No comments:

Post a Comment