Saturday, May 9, 2015

The Basketball which Kuroko plays

Kurokos basketball is the second sports anime I
have watched. This show was originally one my list that my friend gave me when I first started watching anime. At the time I thought that I wouldn't really like a sports anime. I thought that they wouldn't be that good. I was wrong and I will admit to that. The first sports anime I watched was a show based on volleyball. After watching that show I decide to give The Basketball which Kuroko plays a try. All I have to say is why did I watch this earlier?! I really should have watched it earlier.
Kurokos basketball is a show about basketball, it's about teamwork, friendship etc. A year before the anime takes place the Teiko middle school basketball team had 5 really strong players. Those 5 players were known as the Generation of Miracles. There is Akashi, Aomine, Murasakibara, Midorima, and Kise. They were known as the Generation of Miracles. There was actually another member that the prodigies acknowledged and that person was Kuroko. Kuroko is that main character of the show. As the show goes on you see how Seirin, the school that Kuroko went to, gets stronger. They lost against Aomine in the inter high, but they trained harder and came back for the winter cup. They trained so they could become the best in Japan and beat the Generation of Miracles. They had motivation from their loss against Aomine, who doubled their score. You see Seirin High go up against the Generation of Miracles and the games are never easy. They are always really close. All the members on the Seirin basketball team evolve with each game. That is especially true for Kagami. Kagami is one of the few players that can go up against a member of the Generation of Miracles. He might be the only normal player that can play against them and hold his own. If he didn't go back to Japan than the only people that could beat one of the prodigies would be another prodigy.
Every time that Seirin goes into a game they always seem to struggle in the beginning. They always manage to make it through the game through. It may be tough but they do it. When ever they play against one of the Generation of Miracles it's always so close. Kurokos basketball is a really good show about friendship and teamwork. You can't win a game without teamwork. This show also has a ton of anime logic. A lot of the stuff that happens in the games that they play can only be considered anime logic. For example Midorima, he can make 100% of his shots. He can make them as far back as the other end of the court. You can't make 100% of your shorts in really life, some people can't even make a half court shot and if you can make one you can't make one every time. Another example would be Kurokos misdirection. This might be possible in real life, but I really doubt it. The fact that he can make himself invisible is something. He evolves his misdirection to a vanishing drive and than he's able to score and make the ball "disappear". There are so many forms to his misdirection. Oh yeah there is also his Overflow. That's another story.
One thing that I thought was really unique was that the author of the manga gave each member of the Generation of Miracles a name that had a color in it. Akashi has aka in his name which means red. Aomine has ao in his name which means blue. Murasakibara has murasaki in his name which means purple. Midorima has midorii which means green. And last but not least Kise, Kise has yellow as part of his name, kirro. He only has the first two letters though. And finally we have the one and only Kuroko, kuro which means black is part of his name. I think its really cool to do something like that and not only did the author also matched their hair color to their name. Kuroko is the only exception to that though.
I am going to be a fan girl and say one thing. Why does Akashi have to look so hot in this picture?! If only he kept the long hair! The picture shows 5 along with Kuroko. I have only watched the first two seasons and I am currently watching the third season. I know that the third season is still airing and like the other two seasons I'm sure it will get 25 episodes. If I get a read the manga ending I am so going to read the manga. I would just have to find the chapter that the anime left off one. I hope I don't have to go through with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment