Thursday, May 7, 2015

You are the best Lee Soon Shin review

You are the best was the first Korean drama I watched. I watched this show a year ago so I have been watching K-dramas for a full year now. Since I watched You are the best, I have watched like 35 other shows. That also includes movies. This is a 50 episode show and I watched it in like 2 weeks. This show is all about family and the struggles that everyone one of the characters go through.
Within the first episodes Lee Soon Shin(main character) and her family loss their dad. Soon Shins family ends up with no money. To make matter worse, Soon Shin was scouted to be an actress by this powerful CEO. It was later reveled that it was a fraud and all the money that they paid to the conman they were never going to see again. Soon Shin is the type of character that can't hold a job for very long and relays on her family. She doesn't want to relay on her family anymore than she has to, but she has no choice. Yoo Shin(the middle sister) hates Soon Shin. As I was watching this show I really couldn't stand Yoo Shin. The way that she treated her little sister really mad me mad. I really wanted to tell her that she was her sister and there was nothing she could do about it so she should suck it up and live with it. Hye Shin(oldest sister) really loved Soon Shin. She was a true sister to her. I think that Yoo Shin is the problem child of the whole family. She blames Soon Shin for their fathers death for like the entire show. Soon Shin had nothing to do with it at all. To me Yoo Shin was always trying to find a away to blame Soon Shin for something. It got old really fast.
In the mist of all the family drama Soon Shin actually meets up with the real CEO that the conman was impersonating and signs a contract with him. So from than on you see her struggles with trying to make it as an actress. Seeing Soon Shin blossom into this beautiful actress is really amazing. She really does have a talent for it. Spoiler: Soon Shin is not actually related to her family at all. Her dad took her in because her biological mother(Song Mi Ryung) didn't want her. There were some many times throughout the show that I wanted to kill Mi Ryung.
This show had me clenching my fits and it made me feel really tenses. I don't really know how to describe it. It was like when you watch a show that you like but every time you see characters that you hate and you see them doing what they know is wrong but they do it anyways. So you end up wanting to pull out your hair. I don't think that helped explain it at all. I think you get the idea. Since watching this show there has only been a couple shows that made me want to rip my hair out of my head. Some people would think I'm insane for liking shows that make me go through something like that. To me when you have dramas like You are the best Lee Soon Shin they are one the best. They get you involved in the show. Each episode gets better and better. Not all shows are like You are the best, thank God for that one. If all dramas were like this one I don't think I could handle it. I like dramas like this one, but I don't think I could watch show after show of hair pulling moments.
This show also has its really sweet moments too. They made me feel so happy. What I liked so much about this show is that it's about a family that goes through so many hardships. You see them grow stronger and they never really lose sense of themselves. I am really proud to say that You are the best Lee Soon Shin was my first ever k-drama. I don't think I would recommend this show it be your first kdrama if you are thinking about watching a drama. I would watch a lighter show like Modern Farmer or coffee prince. On a side note I am so excited that IU, who play Soon Shin, is making drama comeback in Producers. I can't for the show. She will be reunited with Kim Soo Hyun on the small screen! They were in Dream High together. Also does any one listen to the k-pop boy band BTS? They made their comeback last week with I need U and I can't stop listening to it along with their new mini album. I will now leave off with a lyric from I need U by BTS, caused I am obsessed with it.  
Jebal jom kkeojyeo huh
Mianhae (I hate u)
Saranghae (I hate u)
Yongseohae
I need you girl
Wae honja saranghago honjaseoman ibyeolhae
I need you girl
Wae dachil geol almyeonseo jakku niga piryohaeI’m sorry I hate u
 (I love you I hate u
Forgive me
I need you girl
Why am I in love alone, why am I hurting alone
I need you girl
Why do I keep needing you when I know I’ll get hurt?) in case you want English     

No comments:

Post a Comment