Sunday, May 3, 2015

Another review

This anime show was the very first one that I watched. Another was the show that got into anime. It wasn't the show that got me obsessed about it though. I became obsessed with anime months after I started watching it. The show that holds the title of getting obsessed with anime goes to none other than Bleach. I have my best friend to thank for getting me into this fandom.
Another is a lesser known show and I think it should be more popular than what it is. The show is about a cursed class, class 3-C. Here's the creepy background to the show. 26 years ago a boy named Misaki suddenly passed away. He was very popular. His classmates refused to believe that he was dead. So one day one of the students of 3-C said, "Misakis not dead, he's right there." The rest of the class went with it along with the teacher. When it came time for graduation they set a chair for Misaki and when they took their class picture Misaki was in the picture. From that year on class 3-C had an extra person. The extra person was dead, but they aren't aware that they are dead. What happens to this class is that every month someone will die. Someone that has relations to the class will die. Which means once it starts your aren't safe, your parents and siblings aren't safe either. Someone dies every month. It doesn't happen every year, but there is no real way to make it stop forever.
When I first watched this show I didn't find it all that scary, the same goes for the second time I watched it. I watched this show three times and the third time I watched it I was kind of scared. I don't know why, but the idea of a story like this is scary. This show is based on the novel I believe. There is also a manga based on the novel. I've read the manga and I really want to read the novel. When I read the manga was still terrified. I think it's the idea of having a cursed class and knowing that you could die some twisted, disgusting way. I will say this a lot of the deaths that happen in this show are censored. They are not pretty deaths. If there is one thing I learned from this show,from the three times I've watched it, is that you never run down stairs with an umbrella with a pointy end. I don't think I have to go into detail.
With this show it is important to try to have some light hearted moments. This show has some light hearted characters that help lighten up the show. It's really nice to have characters that make you laugh in shows like Another. Cause Another is a horror anime. I've watched my fair share of horror animes, like Mirai Nikki(future diary) and Shiki. There are some others in there but I'm not going to name them. Comparing this show to the other horror anime shows I think this one is the most terrifying. Mirai Nikki was just twisted and insane. That show mad me scared of Yuno. I swear if I ever meet a girl with pink hair named Yuno I will run away as fast as I can. If that doesn't work out I will try my best to not get on her bad side. It will all make sense if you watch that show.
Going back to Another I didn't like that they had a blood bath at the very end. I'm going to give away the ending, because besides it being a horror anime it is also a mystery type show. They keep you guessing who the extra person is until the very end. This show kept me interested till the very end. I am proud to say that this was my first anime show. This was also the show that got me a whole list of anime shows to watch curtsey of my best friend. Three years after getting into anime I only watched a couple shows off that list. After a while you find your own shows. Another is a show that I am for sure going to buy, because I love it some much and I've already watched it three times. I'm sure I will watch it a fourth, fifth, and a sixth time. There are so many anime shows I want to buy but I only have so much money. Not to mention I'm still trying to buy all the Pandora Hearts manga. If you love horror anime and you haven't watched Another yet, watch it. You won't regret it. One last thing, there's a rumor that the story is based on a true story. That is untrue, the story as a whole is a work of fiction. When I read that it was a true story I was scared out of my mind than I found out that it's not so I was all better. The idea of this story is freighting enough, I don't need it to be a real thing. One last thing that I want to say. Thank you to all of you guys that are reading my blog. It means a lot to me. I've been thinking about doing something like this for over a year it seems like, so it feels nice knowing that people are reading my blog. If you have any shows that you want me to review let me know in the comments. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment