Sunday, April 26, 2015

Boys over Flowers review

Now for part two. WARNING this show causes you to punch pillows or maybe a wall, screaming and yelling, yelling at the actors of the show through a screen. This show causes a lot of things. Popcorn and this show are a good combination.  Boys Over Flowers is a show I have a love-hate relationship with. I love it yet I hate the decisons that Jan Di makes throughout the show. She makes me so mad sometimes. This is the third drama I watched when I started whatvhing them. I watched it in the summer and that was a good thing. I was up to like 4 a.m. everynight watching this show. Once I got to like 15 or 16 I was screaming at the top of my lungs yelling at Jan Di through the screen. I also yelled at Jun Pyo for the way he treated Jan Di. It made me really mad. This was the first show that made punch a pillow. This show had me come up with my saying Boys Over Flower moment. So now when I ever yell at the screen when I watch it's a Boys Over Flowers moment.
Don't think that for all these reasons that it would be a bad show and that I hated it. I just have a problem with the fact that Jan Di chose Jun Pyo over Ji Hu. This show is actully rather good. This show is about a girl named Jan Di who ends up getting a scholarship to a super elite rich kid school. She runs into trouble and ends up becoming enemys with the king of the school, Jun Pyo(played by Lee Min Ho), who also happens to be the leader of the F4. Jun Pyo likes to pick on Jan Di and Jan Di seeks comfort in another memeber of F4, Ji Hu. This show becomes a love triangle. In the end Jan Di has to choose between Jun Pyo or Ji Hu. Can you guess who she chose? If you're thinking the nice, sweet guy that helps her through hard times, Ji Hu. Well I hate to break it to you, but she did not choose him. Instead she chose Jun Pyo, who bullied her and caused her so much pain. I will never agree with her choice, NEVER!
It blows my mind that she would choose him over Ji Hu. If I were her I would have chose Ju Hi in a heartbeat. What I hated most about this show is that when you Jun Pyo went to Venice to learn the family business so he could it over one day. Jan Di went there to see him and convince him to come back, but when he saw her he acted like he didn't know her! He like even broke up with her! She went all the way over there it get dumped basically! I got so pissed that I punched a pillow and got out of my bed and made a bowl of popcorn at like 3:30 in the morning. I went through that popcorn in like 2 minutes. What pissed me off the most was that Ju Hi was there for Jan Di while she was suffering. He comforted her. Why she didn't pick the second male lead I have no idea. I mean Ju Hi even over cam his fear of cars for her! If that doesn't scream love I don't know what does.
This show is actually quit good. It is considered a kdrama classic. It is also one the most popular kdramas of like all time. I loved the story and I liked most of the characters. Some of them were big jerks, Jun Pyo. Sticking with characters, I felt that Woo Bin was more of a supporting character even though he was in the F4. I wished that he would have gotten more screen time and I wished that could've learned more about his past. It seemed that we learned about all the F4's pasts but his. That's kind of sad to me. In my mind the only reason why he was there was to be there to support Lee Jeong. As the show went on you saw less and less of Woo Bin. It was kind of disappointing to me.
To warp up Boys Over Flowers I would say that no matter what you should watch this show. It is worth watching. I'm even thinking about re-watching it sometime soon. Just because it makes you yell yet the top of your lungs doesn't mean it's bad. In fact that can mean it's really good. Shows that get you involved and make you feel emotions are good shows. So don't be afraid to watch it. You regret it, I guaranty it. Blood is also a good show to watch after this one, because you get to see Jan Di fulfill her dream of becoming a doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment