Thursday, April 2, 2015

Pandora Hearts manga review

Pandora Hearts is by far my favorite manga and I've read a lot of manga. If you don't know what it's about, well I will give a brief summary. Pandora is about a boy named Oz who gets cast into this place called the Abyss on his 15th birthday. He meets a girl named Alice, also known as the B-Rabbit, who is looking for her memories that she lost. Oz and Alice form a contact and they get out of the Abyss, but there's a price to it. There's no time in the Abyss so when they came back 10 years went by. Oz was lucky that he made it back to his time periode. Some people that fall into the Abyss and come back aren't that lucky. So that's a break down of what the series is about.

I love with series for so many reasons. I am trying to buy all 24 volumes and I currently have volumes 4 and 17-22. I still have a long ways to go. Jun Mochizuki did a excellent job with this series. The way that she had all these twits and turns and a major plot twist in the middle of the series was amazing. I don't really care for plot twists because they can go so badly if you just decided to put one in. It was a really well thought out plot twist and I can really see way she did it the way she did. The story has so many elements to it. It has get character development, great background story and so many other things. 
One thing that I really loved about this story is that it had a really interesting background story that could be kind of hard to follow at times with all the characters, but it was really amazing. It was kind of nice to learn the background and than see how that has a role in the story later as it goes on. How she made some good guy characters into bad guys and bad guys into good guys was really fun to read about. She would have a reason for doing for what she did. It wasn't just random. There may have been a lot of characters and I mean A LOT, but you learn all of them by name with out really knowing it. And before you know it they grow on you, so when you see one of your favorite characters die it's saddening. 


This series has so many twists and turns and full of suspense that you can't just read one volume, you have to read them all. It makes you laugh and before you know it, it takes a serious turn and it's a life or death matter. My two favorite characters in this whole series is Break and Lacie. I love Break a lot, he was a really unique one. You couldn't really tell what he was going to do next. Giving Break his puppet Emily was smart. It made him seem like an odd ball because he would make Emily talk. When I first read the series I thought that the thing could actually talk. It can't. 

Lacie may not have gotten a lot of time as a character, but her role is very important to the story. I loved learning about her and her history with Jack. When yoy learned about Lacie you learn the reason Jack did what he did. I don't really know why I love Lacie so much, I just do. It might have to do with the fact that I spent so long not knowing who she was and than I finally knew who she was and I just fell in love with her character. She just has this charm were you can't help but love her. Now that is my thoughts on Pandora Hearts my favorite manga series. Check it out, you will not be disappointed at all.       

No comments:

Post a Comment