Friday, April 10, 2015

My Love from Another Star review

If you are one that likes to binge watch dramas than you should check out this show. It was one of the most popular Korean dramas last year. It does not disappoint in any way. I have watched this show twice. The first time may have better only because I watched it in october and than I watched it again in December, so I remembered everything that happened.
This show is about a popular actress named Cheon Song Yi, who is full of her self. She's not that smart, you should never have her do twitter or any kind of social network. It's just a bad idea. Her carrer goes down hill after her arch enemy dies. The press thinks that Song Yi was responsible for her death because they never got along. They thought that Song Yi was bullying her so she decided to take her own life. Song Yis enemy did not take her own life, she was actually murdered. Then some other stuff happens. As she struggles with her career she gets closer to Do Min Joon, who happens to be an alien and who lived next door. I'm not going to give a full summary of what happens in the show, because than I would ruine everything. I have to keep somethings a secret.
The reason I fell in love with this show is not just because of the acting but also because Song Yi was really funny at times and other reasons. Kim Soo Hyun (Do Min Joon) and Jeon Ji Hyun (Cheon Song Yi) have such great chemistry in this show. They were the right actors for this show. I loved how Jeon Ji Hyun played the corky character that is Song Yi and how Kim Soo Hyun played the calm, collected character that is Do Min Joon. The acting was really great. I even made a new enemy on the show. I hated his guts, he deserved to go to jail. If I tell you who he is I would ruin all the fun.
The story to this show was something. I didn't think a love story with an alien would work out so well. I was proven wrong, like I normally am. They had so many things going on with the other characters not just the main ones. I felt like this show kind of let some of the minor characters shine on their own for a while. It was nice to see that. Also it wasn't just Song Yi that was wacky and weird, her mom and little brother were also that way. Her brother and Do Min Joon had a little bromance going on. It was kind of funny. He asked to do the E.T. thing with him. Song Yis brother was watched E.T. one to many times. Example of what I'm talking about is on the left. He is a weird brother, but he's also really protective of Song Yi.
There is so much to tell about this show. From the "Did I get rejected by chicken?" moment to the sweet moments Song Yi and Do Min Joon spent time together. There was still so much drama, but not as much as some other dramas I've watched. I my eyes watered quite a bit towards the end of the show. The last episode really emotional in a good way and in a bad way, I guess. You even see the characters develop to the point were you don't want the show to ever end. I did like the ending, but I really want a second season! I don't think that's ever going to happen, cause it's extremely rare for a kdrama to get another season. Its not like anime were there's a 50/50 shot of it getting a second season.
The music for this was really, really good. I love listening to this OST. It is my favorite drama soundtrack so far. The songs really fit it very well and it even has a song that fits the personality of Song Yi. She even has her own song! I like to listening to this OST a lot. I really the songs Destiny, goodbye, every moment of you (piano version) and past love. The songs have emotion behind them and when you listen to it as you watch the show you can hear it. Even if you're just listening to it just to listen to it. That's way it's my favorite.
When I watched My Love from Another Star the first time I was left with a void in my heart for a few days. I really loved this show, I would watch it again for a third time in a heartbeat. If you haven't watched this show yet you need to do that. This show is worth the watch and it's not a waste of your time. If you're looking for a good romance to watch with some tears, hating characters, than this is a good show to watch. Its not overly emotional like a lot of dramas are, its just the right amount. That about does it for My Love from Another Star. Peace. That's a Yo Na reference if you didn't already know. Big Kill me Heal me fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment