Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Blood review

This will be one of two dramas this week. The second drama I will write about will be Boys over Flowers. Look forward to that one. Blood is a show that deals with vampires in a unique way. The people that are vampires have a virus called VBT-01. It makes you like a vampire. The only major difference is that only sunrises are really dangerous to them. So in this show Ji Sang starts to work at the cancer treatment hospital. I found it odd at first that a vampire would be a doctor that works in a hospital. Ji Sang takes pills to control his blood cravings. At like episode 5 they stop working. Ji Sang is also the first pure blooded infected(someone who has the virus). Both of his parents has the virus. Ji Sang is looking for a way to cure this virus, because he wants to be human. He wants to live a normal life. He works alongside his best friend and sidekick, Joo Hyun Woo. Hyun Woo was my favorite character in this whole show. He created Luuvy. Luuvy is a very amazing robot.
In this type of show we have to have a bad guy. We not only have one bad guy but we actually have another one. The first one would be the Director of the hospital, who is an infected. The second on is also an infected and he's also a doctor. This doctor is the head doctor of the new drug research team. Under the Directors orders he gives people the virus. The Director claims that he's using the virus to help cure cancer. With his vaccine there is a large chance of you becoming infected with the virus. As the show went on every time I saw the Director I said,"just die already! I don't like you!" I was screaming that. When it came to the evil doctor, I think I wanted him dead more than the Director.
This show is really amazing. It keeps in interested, and you get really into it. The action isn't all that good, but it is something. It keeps you guessing and at the end of every episode is a really annoying cliffhanger. I hate those things sometimes. It also has its fair share of sad moments, like the last 2 episodes. Ku Hye Sun who plays Ri Ta in this show is a doctor and her character in Boys Over Flowers wanted to be a doctor. So she filled her dream,m of becoming a doctor. The music for this show is really awesome. I want to download this soundtrack. I am waiting for it to come out. I need this OST.
Now we will start getting into the spoilers. Starting with the ending of episode 19. MY HYUN WOO DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a feeling that he might die after episode 17. I knew that the moment he died I would be done. The show wouldn't be the same and it wasn't. With out him it wasn't as good. My sidekick brought all the fun and adorableness to the show. He didn't do all of it himself but he was a little ball of light. His death wasn't necessary, he didn't have to die. He should've lived. In episode 20 when Luuvy came in and played a birthday message for Ji Sang it was really bitter-sweet. Honestly I didn't care what character died, as long as it wasn't Hyun Woo. FYI the evil doctor killed him over the files he had on the virus. I was so mad at that because Hyun Woo gave them the files but he still got killed. I was soooooo happy when the evil doctor died. It was about time for him to die! I was screaming out of happiness.
The last episode was really lacking. It might be because I was really numb from my sidekicks death. It didn't seem rushed it was just a really bad way of ending things. The Director did die towards the end, but he also lived his last few moments as a human. I wish that it was Ji Sang who turned into a human first, but no it had to be the Director. I don't know if that's because he was a human to begin with or what, I don't know. Than we have Ri Ta who ends up in a warehouse tied up. She went back to Boys Over Flowers with that. Before Hyun Woo died he discovered a possible cure. The only problem with that was that Ji Sang would have to give up his life. Ji Sang does give up his life and some how in the end comes back to life. He showed up in the last few minutes of the episode. I'm still confused about that. They wrapped the show up in a really bad way.
To warp it all up I will say a few more things. Ku Hye Sun did get some harsh criticism for her acting. I will say that she did a very good job. Her character was supposed to be that way and she shouldn't have to apologize for the way she acted in this show. For Ahn Jae Hyeon, who played Ji Sang, I felt he wasn't fully ready for a leading role. I think he should have waited a few more years till he played a leading role. He wasn't bad, but at times he came across as awkward. I really enjoyed this show up in till Hyun Woo died. It is still worth a watch though. I shall honor this post to the fictional character Joo Hyun Woo. You lived a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment