Monday, March 23, 2015

Love Rain review

If you watch Korean dramas and have not seen Love Rain yet than you need to watch it. I just finished watching this show for a second time yesterday. It was just as sad as the first time I watched it. The first four episodes were a little hard to get through cause I just wanted to get to there kids. The first four episodes you do have to watch because it gives you background information on Joon and Ha Na's mother and father.

When I first watched this show I think it took me like 3 or 4 days to watch and the second time it took me 3 days. I wasted a lot of time on this show. If I could wrap up this show in two words it would be emotional roller-coaster. This show, unlike others I've watched, didn't have me hating to many characters. All in all I think I hate like one character and I did hate her that much. I'm talking about Joon's mom. She just couldn't let the past be in the past. This show, to me, is realistic. You have Joons dad and Ha Nas mom who fell in love during collage. Ha Nas mom leaves him and 30 years later they met again. 30 years later they both have kids and their kids fall in love with each other. I think can figure out the rest from there.

Once you get to episode 11 it's down hill from there. Every time you see Ha Na and Joon in the same room you want to cry and it hurts watching them suffer so much. It's like after that episode you cry for 6 more episodes start. Every time you see Ha Na and Joon together you cry. It's emotional, it really is. As the show goes on and Joon and Ha Na kind of break up and than get back together you see that they are reflecting their parents. They can't let go of each other. When Joons dad call off his marriage to Ha Nas mom for Joon and Ha Na is really touching. It shows that he doesn't want Joon and Ha Na to end up like him and her mom. He doesn't wish that for his child.

This whole show is an emotional mess, but yet sooooooo good. With this show you can't just watch one episode a night, that's just something you can't do with this show. Like most K-dramas, it sucks you in and you have to watch the next episode. The music for this show will make you cry. As I listened to it last night I cried. I had this emptiness in me from this show and the music brought back all the pain and sorrow from the show that I broke down and cried, This is one of those shows that you really should take the time to watch. The ending of the show leaves you feeling content, but at the same time you want a second season. Sadly, when it comes to k-dramas it's very rare for a show to get a second season. Love Rain will also leave a big whole in you heart, not so big of a hole the second time but it's still there. Don't just look past this show because it's so emotional, it is really good and has a lot to offer. It may not be as good as some shows, but Love Rain is still a must watch. Love Rain will forever be my favorite Korean drama.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment