Monday, March 23, 2015

Sunday Without God Review

Sunday Without God, along with Gosick, holds a very special place in my heart. Much like Gosick, this had me in tears. I was crying at episode 3 and on the last couple episodes. I cried a lot on episode 12. It may only have 12 episodes, but it's no stranger to making you want to curl up into a ball and cry. 

This show is the perfect example of what the world would be like if God up and left the world. No one would be able to heaven, you can't have children. This is what sets this show apart from others. I love how this story is something that no one has ever of before, so it makes it unique in its own way. 

When this show first came out I looked into it but didn't want to watch it cause of my religious beliefs. One of my friends told me to watch this show, so I gave it a try. I wished I had started watching it sooner because it turned out to be one of my favorite anime shows. 

I love how little Ai is not afraid of anything. She's quick to tell you that she's half grave keeper and half human. She doesn't have to try to make friends. Ai is that character that makes you smile every time you see her. She brings you happiness and joy. She knows how to lighten up the show, so it's not as sad and depressing.

Moving on to the music. This is my favorite anime OST by far. I have four other anime soundtracks, one be Gosick, and out of all of them this one is my favorite. It has happy songs, sad songs, in between songs, it has everything. This OST is really calming and if you can't fall asleep at night, just closing your eyes and listening to this will put you to sleep. It does help you fall asleep. This soundtrack makes me want to take piano lessons again. The music complements the show so beautifully. The anime and the music go so well together and, to me, you don't see that all to often.

I do own this show on DVD and it was well worth the money. I've watched this show three times. I give this show a 10/10 and I would highly recommend this show to anime fans and to people that are just looking for something to watch.     

No comments:

Post a Comment