Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Skip Beat!

Skip Beat! was one the very anime shows that I watched, so it holds a special places in my heart. If you don't know what Skip Beat! is all about than I shall give a brief summary. Skip Beat! is about a girl named Kyoko who goes to Tokyo with her childhood friend and first love, Sho. Sho becomes a famous signer and only views Kyoko as a plain, ordinary girl. Kyoko over heard Sho talking about how she was plain, so she said that she would get her revenge. Kyoko than enters the show biz world herself and things don't always go as she plans.
Skip Beat! is all about the humor of Kyoko and her getting revenge and most importantly her trying stop herself from loving Ren. As the show goes on Kyoko learns that she really loves acting, so she kind of forgets about her getting revenge on Sho. I love that as you watch the show or even read the manga you see Kyoko evolve into this bright, cheery girl that loves to act. Kyoko also is like an amazing actress, she can play like any character. Kyoko is really a lovable girl that you can't help but love. Her love of fairy tales and princess and the fact that she acts like a 7 year old can get old at times, but that is also the way that she is. All that she is obsessed with is part of who she is a character and that is kind of why you can't help but love her.
When I first watched Skip Beat! I wasn't that big of a fan of it. Yeah it was funny and it had a great story and all, but something kept me from loving it. Months later when I actually started to read the manga where the anime left off I became hooked. I couldn't stop reading it. I really loved the arcs that happened in the manga. After reading the manga I really do think that Skip Beat! should get a second season. It really deserves a second season. Where the anime leaves off is really awkward, I didn't care for it. The only way you could describe it would be a read the manga ending.
There are so many reasons as to why I love Skip Beat! and one of those reasons is because the characters are so great. They are so funny, but they can also be dead serious. They are the type of characters that when they are serious you will take them serious even though they have a corky personality 95% of the time. I like all the characters, but I think I love Yashrio the best. He's just the best! He is also the best manager ever! He really knows how to push Rens buttons. Yashiro is also like the ultimate fanboy. Another reason as to why I really like him is because he is like the ultimate Kyoko and Ren shipper. Yashiro was like the first one to figure out that Ren liked Kyoko and he keeps teasing Ren over it too.
If there is anything that I have to complain about it would be the fact that Kyoko and Ren are both really dense! They like each other but they won't do anything about their feelings! It's taking way to long for them to get together! I guess it's just going to take a while. It better happen sometime though cause if it doesn't than I will be very upset! I have read the manga for Skip Beat! like three times so I have grown attached to the characters and I have also become a major Ren and Kyoko shipper, so if they don't get together I will be very unset. I will most likely end up punching a pillow or something like that, I don't really know. I'm sure that the author will have them get together sometime in the near future. I'm sure of it, I mean the manga seems to going that direction right now. So I guess we just have to give it time.
I think that's all I really got to say about Skip Beat! I have no idea what show I will write about next. There are just to many good shows out there. I'm sure I will write about The Time We Were Not in Love when it wraps up in a few more weeks, before that I have no idea. Anyways till next time!
:)        

No comments:

Post a Comment