Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Secretly, Greatly

This was one of the first Korean movies I ever watched and I loved every minute of it. I loved it so much that I have watched it three times now. Every time I watch it I still want to cry at the end. Secretly Greatly does a great job of transitioning from funny to serious really well. Now you are probably wondering what this movie is about. Well let me explain.
This movie is about a North Korean spy who goes down to the south to well spy. The spy is played by none other than Kim Hyun Soo! Him being in this movie is also why its go great. Kim Hyun Soo has been in South Korea for two years and his undercover is the town idiot. He does a really good job of acting as the town idiot. It also doesn't take much to act like an idiot too. As time goes on two more spys come to Kim Hyun Soo town and than they receive an order to commit suicide. I'm going to leave it off there, not because I'm doing a bad job of explaining, but because I don't want to spoil the movie.
One thing that I discovered with this movie is that Lee Hyun Woo is in it! If you don't know who he is if you watch The Technicians he plays the computer hacker. I kind of fell for Hyun Woo-oppa when I watched The Technicians. So when I watched Secretly Greatly again I fangirled every time I saw Hyun Woo-oppa. When it comes to fangirling over actors there has only been two that I've fangirled over. One of course is Hyun Woo-oppa and the other is L from infinite.
Back to Secretly Greatly. This movie has a great plot line. The music is okay, not fantastic, but its not terrible. I haven't watched a lot of Korean movies, but of the ones that I've watched this one is my favorite. I also had tears in my eyes at the end of this movie. It gets so emotional towards the end. They really know how to kill you with sadness at the end of this movie.
Secretly Greatly is a great movie. It makes you laugh in the beginning than makes you cry at the end. It's the kind of movie that you never want to end. It really is a movie worth checking out. Even if your not sure you'll like it just watch five minutes of it. You won't regret it. That's all I got for Secretly Greatly. Comment and let me know what I should review next. I'm having a hard time figure out what shows to review.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment