Thursday, July 9, 2015

Mask(thoughts so far)

So I started this drama a little later than I would have liked. I was going to watch this drama when it first came out but I just never got around to it for some reason. I finally got around to watching it a couple of weeks ago. When I watched the first few episodes I kind of wished that I started it a whole lot sooner, but I was also happy that started it later. I don't think I could have handled the suspense. I can hardly handle the suspense now that I've started watching it. Mask is show that really knows how to keep you on the edge of your seat and that's one of the things I love about it. So for this entry I will talking about what my thoughts of Mask are so far.
The Korean drama Mask has 14 episodes right now and is getting a 20 episode run. The first episode or so are kind of confusing, in my opinion. As the show goes on it gets less confusing, which is nice. This show is about the main female lead(Ji Sook) dying(not really) and becoming Eun Ha, a rich heiress and the daughter of a senator. Ji Sook and Eun Ha happen to look like identical twins, in other words they are doppelgangers. So the legend of when you see your doppelganger is who ever sees who first will be the first to die. In the case of this show that legend happens to be true. Eun Ha saw Ji Sook first so therefore she was the first to die. You would think that this wouldn't be that big of a deal but since this a drama her death was a very big deal. Ji Sook ends up taking Eun Ha's place and marries Min Woo. In order for Ji Sook to take Eun Ha's place she would have to "die". I think you figure out what happens next throughout the show.
Now that I explained what the show is about I can now talk about all the other things without trying to give away spoilers. I will try my best, but it will be hard. Lets start with what I like about the show so far.
1. The acting is really good. The second female lead(Mi Yeon) reminds me of the second female lead from My Love from Another Star.
2. The OST is to die for and I am not exaggerating at all. There aren't a whole lot of shows that I've watched that have really good OSTs. My Love from Another Star and Blood are the two shows that I really love their music. It's a shame I can't find Blood OST anywhere. It had really good music.
3. The fashion is pretty good, some outfits might not be my taste but still good fashion.
4. Min Woo's OCD at the beginning of the show was pretty great. Just saying. The OCD had its moments.
5. Seeing who much Ji Sook has grown from episode 1 to episode 14 and the fact that she finally got a backbone in like episode 10.
6. Seeing the love slowly start to blossom between Ji Sook and Min Woo.
I'm going to leave off with that. There are so many more reasons why I love this show, but I'll just name a few. Now I shall go on to the don't like list. Be prepared.
1. Seok Hoon, I'm going to leave it at that.
2. Mi Yeon, I don't hate her, but I don't fully like her either. I know that she does care for Min Woo as his sister but she can be a little off? at times. I don't really know how to describe her.
3. The fact that Ji Sook had no backbone what so ever for 9 episodes.
4. I really hate how Seok Hoon has to be in on every single thing that Ji Sook does. I get that you don't want her secret to be found out and all, but still you don't know every single thing she does.
5. I really hate that Seok Hoon has all these cameras set up to spy on Ji Sook. How do you think she would feel if she knew that you were spying on her?
6. Another thing related Seok Hoon. The fact that he treats Mi Yeon so coldly and tells her all these lies is disgusting. He didn't even look all that happy when Mi Yeon thought that she was pregnant. Some husband he is.
The rest of the list is mostly comprised of Seok Hoon. What can I say I just don't like him. Some how
I think that I would like Mi Yeon so much more if she wasn't married to him. I guess we will never know. Some people might hate on the actress who plays Ji Sook because of the type of character that she is playing. Some people might say that she can't act because of this show. I actually think that the actress that plays Ji Sook is a really good actress. It's not that she can't act it's the way the character Ji Sook is. The character Ji Sook reminds me a lot of Mi Young from the korean remake of Fated to Love you. It's not that the actress is bad at acting it's just the way that the character is and the way that they portray that character. So don't hate of the actress that plays Ji Sook. If you were in Ji Sook's place you would have a hard time acting like someone else. If you were in her place you might even act just like her. You just have to look at it from a different angle.
I will leave off with that. I hope that I can get back to writing again. I haven't been all that great once summer got here. Sorry about that. Till next time. ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment